the fourth mission in that year of 1797 was San Fernando Ray, founded to close the gap between the San Gabriel and Buena Ventura. The site selected was a pleasant Valley in the land of the two June God. It was September when Les Wayne raised across it San Fernando. They began planting grain and then making Adobe and roofing tile. The first permanent building was a granary, next a church and living quarters, storerooms and workrooms. In four years a quadrangle had been completed, then the great building with this colonnade of 19 arches. Admission San Fernando Gen. Castro and Nicholas Arena met to make a piece. Here here Fremont and Gov. pico signed the American treaty, and the first gold in California was found. Yellow flakes clinging to the roots of wild onions.